map sensor

Old 11-11-02, 04:41 AM
wolfsmane
Visiting Guest
map sensor

96 jeep brand cherokee 5.2 4x4 while driving yesterday, the check engine light came on. stop to check everything out. all lloked well, so i checked the codes with the key method. came up with code 12 and also code 14. code 14 is suppose to be map sensor low voltage,,,i think. what do i check out next? would that mean the sensor is bad? thank you!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-02, 08:23 AM
knuckles
Visiting Guest
1996 models use OBD-II diagnostics. The 2 digit codes that you pulled using the ignition key are overly general & usually not much help when diagnosing a problem.

Take your car to Autozone & ask them to pull the codes. Record the codes & post them here. We'll take it from there.

Old 11-11-02, 10:38 AM
wolfsmane
Visiting Guest
thanks for the info,,,,i'll do that and get right back asap!

Old 11-12-02, 05:13 AM
wolfsmane
Visiting Guest
went and had the code pulled with the obdII, and it came up with P107, which , according to a-zone, was the same as the key method, map sensor low voltage( i think). does this mean the sensor is bad? thanks you!

Old 11-12-02, 05:23 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
It could be bad, yes.

See the autolibrary.org link in my signature file for how to test the sensor, if they have the information.

If not, Autozone I believe can test parts before you buy them to be sure it's really bad. They should be able to pull the readings on the scan tool they have.

Old 11-12-02, 06:31 AM
wolfsmane
Visiting Guest
hey, joe,,i appreciate your time and the info you gave. i'll have it checked out

Old 11-12-02, 06:42 AM
wolfsmane
Visiting Guest
hey, joe,,,i went to the site you mentioned.....but its either not correct or i can't figure it out................

Old 11-12-02, 07:15 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
You have to use the link (cut and paste) AS I have it bookmarked below for it to work.

Old 11-12-02, 07:42 AM
wolfsmane
Visiting Guest
i did the cut and paste, it took me to a keyboard, type the info in and it took me to the page for my jeep, and from there i cant get anywhere....sorry

Old 11-12-02, 07:54 AM
wolfsmane
Visiting Guest
joe, i kept trying and finally got it to work! thank you