Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Differential setup info.

Visiting Guest

11-13-02, 06:04 PM   #1  
TECHMAN
Differential setup info.

To Joe are anyone able to help. I am doing rear end repair and need to know if anyone has are can tell me where to find the info. on the coorect gear-tooth-contact patter and adj. to correct them. I am working on a 1996 chevy sub. 1/2ton have install new ring gear and pinion and have noise on acc. around 40 to 50 only.--Thanksa for aLL INPUT.------Dave------

Sponsored Links

11-13-02, 07:24 PM   #2  
Do you have the tools needed?If so I can supply info by email.It contains needed diagrams.

Visiting Guest

11-14-02, 03:53 AM   #3  
TECHMAN
Yes i have all the tools and have already install in vehical and run pattern and need to check a chart. I am running to deep on the drive side and just wright on coast side but cant reminber what to adj. Side bearing are pinion death. Would like to look at setup pic. and go from there.--Thank for all input.--Dave----

Visiting Guest

11-15-02, 07:09 PM   #4  
TECHMAN
Davo- PLease send me the diagrams you have spoke of on the tooth patters. Try my profile and email to me. Thank again for this info. ---------I keep thinking i have a cope of this tooth patters somewhare but i and going crazy trying to find it.------Dave-----

11-15-02, 07:19 PM   #5  
you might try this sight for some info it has a few patterns.
http://www.differentials.com/install.html

Search this Thread