Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

96 Geo Metro Won't Start

Visiting Guest

11-16-02, 06:05 AM   #1  
JPF
96 Geo Metro Won't Start

My daughter's 96 Geo Metro will not start. Car has 80k miles and a 1.3 liter engine. Just hear clicking noise when key is turned. Battery is new and other items requiring battery work (lights, radio, etc.). The alternator is new too. There was an intermittent problem with the car starting, now it won't start at all. What could the problem be and what other things can check?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

11-16-02, 06:12 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Make sure the battery is fully charged. Check all connections for soundness and corrosion.

Barring that, tap on the starter with a hammer. If it starts, bad starter. Replace it with a rebuilt.

Visiting Guest

11-17-02, 06:35 AM   #3  
bigpoppax2
I agree with Joe, check your battery cables and connections. Also check your ground cable.

If all look ok take it to Advance Auto or any other parts store that checks batteries and alternators for free. I have seen new alternators that are bad right off the shelf.

Also, who put the alternator on? Does everything look ok with the installation of the alternator? Wire connected tightly nothing loose?

Search this Thread