Bearing

Old 11-17-02, 01:32 PM
Kathyt62
Visiting Guest
Question Bearing

Hi. I had my car repaired at a mechanic that I have used only once before on October 30th. They said my air conditioner compressor seized so they removed the compressor and bi-passed it and replaced the broken belt, put some antifreeze in and charged me $262. When I drove it out of there it was making a noise that I never heard before (it was soft) but i thought it was because they removed the compressor. Here it is two weeks later and the noise it made today was LOUD so I had a neighbor look at it and he said that it needs a bearing and that they should have seen it when they did the repairs. My question is, do I dare bring it back there and have them charge me unnecessary $$ to fix it or bring it to someone else? Also, how much should that cost me to have repaired? It's the bearing near or attached to (i don't know) the alternator. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-02, 06:02 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Type of vehicle? Engine size? Year? Mileage? If the bearing in the alternator is bad, the alternator should be replaced with a quality rebuilt one.

Since you don't tell us what type of vehicle, engine size, year, etc, the cost could be anything from 25 bucks for a Chevy V8 alternator to hundreds if we are talking an import.

Search this Thread