Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

99 eclipse

Visiting Guest

11-17-02, 02:26 PM   #1  
fireinsp
99 eclipse

i have a 99 eclipse that the transmission just gave out on, no prior symtoms, i have to rev the engine to about 3500 rpm before it will move, the fluid is full, scanner shows several codes, mostly gear ratio and electronic control malfunction,, anyone have an idea what may cause it or remedy?? thanks

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

11-17-02, 05:56 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Mileage? You may be able to fight with Mitsubishi on some help with reimbursement. No 1999 vehicle should have tranny troubles unless the mileage is excessive.

The cause of the light (those codes) are what is causing the problem(s) with shifting. Electronically controlled tranny.

Not something to fool around with without the proper tools, techniques and know how.

Visiting Guest

11-17-02, 09:15 PM   #3  
fireinsp
99 eclipse

i would take most tranny work to someone else, i am an engine man with little knowledge of trannies, the veh has 93k miles, ithe way it went out i was thinking sounded more like an electronical problem or computer problemrather than a burnt out tranny, the veh belongs to my son so i am going by what he is describing to me. thanks

Search this Thread