Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Weird Question

Visiting Guest

11-17-02, 03:39 PM   #1  
Guitarman500
Weird Question

My Car : 1989 Delta 88 Royale 2dr -- 3800 3.8L V6

My Car Is Very Quite, And i Want my Car to Sound "sporty", What Can i Do to Make it Louder? You know, Like What The "ghetto" Honda Civics Sound Like. Is It a Special Muffler or what?

Thanks

P.s. Excuse The Grammer

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

FL

11-17-02, 03:59 PM   #2  
Interesting signature line considering the question you posted, LOL. Check the local major parts stores like AutoZone, Pep Boys, Advanced, etc. Should find something "sporty" sounding without having to pay the big bucks the Honda owners do for the big, throaty chrome mufflers.

Visiting Guest

11-17-02, 05:50 PM   #3  
Joe_F
My .02:

It won't sound "ghetto", it will sound stupid and make you ripe for being pulled over for noise pollution.

Save your greenbacks and put it into the car where there is some benefit. You mentioned a boat load of problems in another post. They require attention before this in my belief.

Visiting Guest

11-17-02, 06:32 PM   #4  
Guitarman500
Yea Joe I Agree, I'm Gonna Hold on The muffler After thinking about it I've decided it doesnt really Fit the car.

Oh BTW,
All Previous problems Have been Fixed, But my Transmission is Acting Weird. Is It possible that it could have taken Awhile for the Fluid to Go through the transmission?
(it got Rebuilt about 3 weeks ago)
because since i've driven it more often (Further Then 3 blocks) now it Seems Totally Happy, no Hard Shifts or anything.

Group Moderator

FL

11-18-02, 05:05 AM   #5  
But you REALLY want that sporty sound, here's what you need:

http://www.mastertowing.com/pics015.htm

Search this Thread