Bearing (again)

Old 11-17-02, 07:28 PM
Kathyt62
Visiting Guest
Bearing (again)

Hi, Sorry about the last posting..I failed to tell you that my car is a 1994 Ford Taurus GL..6 cyl., automatic, mileage - 122,308. The bearing that I am talking about is on the left of the alternator. The belt for the alternator and the air conditioner compressor are there but as you know from my last post, the compressor has been removed and the belt was bipassed. I was told from a friend, that the mechanic that did the work should have seen that this bearing was bad when he did the work. This is my worry. Do I really go back to them knowing this? Do I really need to replace my alternator when that is not bad only the bearing next to it? Or is it really bad? HELP PLEASE

Thanks again in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-02, 05:52 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Keep all posts on the same vehicle together----use the reply button.

Tough to say which bearing you are talking about. Could be the idler pulley or tensioner. Bring it to another shop for a look or have your neighbor tell you which part is at fault.

Old 11-18-02, 07:55 AM
Kathyt62
Visiting Guest
Bearing (again)

Thanks for the advice Joe. I did take it to the same mechanic this morning and asked what they did wrong and to fix it free of charge because they should have known. It was the Idler Pulley and all I paid for was my oil change.

Thanks again for you help. I'm glad I had something to walk in there with.

Kathy