92 lx accord rotors

Old 11-19-02, 10:30 AM
Rodney94
Visiting Guest
Question 92 lx accord rotors

Has anyone replaced their rotors on a Honda Accord 90-93 ? Are they hard to get off or is it best to have them turned .I was told they had to be turned on the car and was expensive? I thuoght I would give it a try if it wasn't to bad.Just didn't know if anything was pressed on or not. 92 accord lx 170,000 miles,,Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-02, 01:40 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Check autolibrary.org below for the R&R procedure. Cut and paste the link I have there.

Pitch the rotors, cheap enough. Cutting them often warps them, and at this age, it's time for new ones...they tend to rot the cooling fins when they get old.

Only use good quality US or Canadian made aftermarket replacements or Honda OEM. Keep the offshore junk on the shelf....poor quality.

Old 11-19-02, 06:33 PM
Group Moderator
Can someone enlighten me on this "Honda rotors have to be turned on the car" nonsense? I had a neighbor once (in Cal; Joe Cool was about 10 years old, LOL) that was told that by the local dealer. I put some new pads on for about $30 (saving her about $200) and told her not to sweat the rotors. Thought that was a one-time scam the local Honda guys were perpetrating; are they still using that line?

Old 11-20-02, 03:38 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Some rotors should only be turned with an on car lathe for proper cutting and resurfacing. This is true.

Old 11-20-02, 04:58 AM
Rodney94
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the help,I'm going to have them turned on the car this time ($70.00) not that bad ,the dealer wants $135.00.I just don't have time to do it right now...thanks again..

Old 11-20-02, 05:16 AM
Group Moderator
Dealer has to pay the overhead on the cable tv and latte machine in his waiting room, LOL.

Old 11-20-02, 05:36 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Have you priced new replacement rotors?

Old 11-20-02, 08:01 AM
Rodney94
Visiting Guest
Yes,I have.Honda rotors are round $80-90 dollars, Auto Zone's were $23.00.One guy that works just on Honda's said it was a hard job to replace.

Old 11-20-02, 08:05 AM
Rodney94
Visiting Guest
I was also afraid I would mess up the wheel bearings.(Don't know for sure)