auto help

Old 11-19-02, 11:37 AM
chandra
Visiting Guest
auto help

Can anyone give me a clue as to how to put my driver side window back on track?? It has come off and wont roll up or down, so I am stuck with it half way up. Please email me with any ideas, any help would be great!

Thanks

Old 11-19-02, 01:32 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
We have a chance at helping if we know what type of vehicle we were dealing with.

At the point of repeating myself to nausea:

FOLKS: YOU MUST POST VEHICLE DATA AND FOLLOW THE POSTING GUIDELINES AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE SO WE CAN HAVE A CHANCE AT HELPING YOU. HELP US HELP YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I.e. Read the top of the forum's page for required data and vehicle guidelines.

Once you get us vehicle data, start with the links and posts in my signature file below, most notably the autolibrary.org link.

Old 11-19-02, 04:07 PM
chandra
Visiting Guest
I'm sorry I forgot but I guess it might help huh. The car is a 91 plymouth acclaim 4door sedan. The window is manual. I took the door frame off and have gotten it back on track, but it wont stay on. The part closes to the sideview mirror dips down when rolling it down and causes the whole window to come off track.Again any help would be nice.

Thanks

Old 11-19-02, 04:27 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Hit the dealer's parts department to see if there are clips that hold it in track. If there are any, replace them.

Barring that, it could be a bent regulator or window channel.

Old 11-19-02, 11:40 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
I agree with Joe about the clip. There should be a black plastic clip at the top rear-edge of the window that has come off or broken.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: