Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Toyota Truck Has possible wiring problems...

Visiting Guest

11-21-02, 09:55 AM   #1  
msuico
Toyota Truck Has possible wiring problems...

I have a 95 Toyota pickup (standard)--4 cylinders... For the past week my truck has been acting like the battery was dying—engine would barely turn over... Finally, on the 3rd or 4th day, the engine doesn’t turn what-so-ever… Assuming my battery was finally dead; I decided to replace it… As I was attempting to take my battery out I noticed a lot of corrosion on the Positive terminal. When I disconnected the lead, I started to tap on the connector with the wrench that I used to knock off the corrosion—I seemed to have tapped quite a bit off… Anyways, I got the new batter and replaced the terminals. As soon as I did that, all the interior lights and alarms (not security, but the alarm that you’d get if you left your key in the ignition) started to go off intermittently. I went back to the auto part store to have them check the battery—was good. I then had them check my old battery—was also good. So now a buddy of mine mentioned that my cables could’ve been damaged from the corrosion—they were the original ones—so I replaced them… I still get the same problem…. I’m wondering if I blew a fuse… I don’t know….

Has anybody heard of this before??????? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

11-21-02, 09:58 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Do an output check of your alternator as noted in my "the Basics" post below.

Tell us what you find.

Search this Thread