89 voyager

Old 11-24-02, 08:49 PM
wtfdissux
Visiting Guest
Question 89 voyager

i just bought a voyager se (turbo 2.5 litre) from one of the techs where i work acording tothe original work order it needed rear brakes (wheel cyl. shoes hardware and drums) front hoses(brake and e brake was frozen well after replacing the rear brakes and making sure the front hose were not leaking i started it put into gear and it rolls with foot on brake so pulled it all apart and with drum off pressed pedle and nothing no movement but when striped down to just the cyl. (yes i used the old one for this)it shot both boots off if it is getting presure why is it not stopping?

Old 11-24-02, 08:54 PM
roland1978
Visiting Guest
it sounds like you have air the lines. or could be you didn't adjust after installing drum

Old 11-24-02, 08:57 PM
wtfdissux
Visiting Guest
89 voyager

there is no signs of leak and this before doing the front hoses and the back was bled and then power bled as i was thinking the same thing and the drums were very "snug" took good effort to turn wheels by hand

still very confused hope my toyota van holds until this one is good to go

Old 11-24-02, 09:07 PM
roland1978
Visiting Guest
does the master cylinder hold when you pump it or does it slowly go to the floor?

Old 11-24-02, 09:23 PM
wtfdissux
Visiting Guest
Thumbs down 89 voyager actually there is no peddle

actually there is no peddle

Old 11-24-02, 10:33 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Did you bleed with the axles in a normal operating position or with the load compensating valve bypassed?

These are a bear to to get bled properly sometimes.

We gave up trying to bleed these on a 2 post hoist and did them on our drive-on 4 post with all 4 wheels on the ground.

Old 11-24-02, 11:29 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It doesnt take much to blow the boots off the wheel cylinders. It does take a lot of pressure to engage the shoes however. I would say you have a master cylinder problem or air in the lines and as mentioned the proportioning valve may be off a little. Some vehicles must be bled exactly by the book. Did you flush all the old fluid from the system...it should bleed CLEAR fluid at all 4 wheels.

Old 11-25-02, 05:38 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I agree with Stevo.

You could also have a bad master cylinder as well.

Old 11-26-02, 07:33 PM
wtfdissux
Visiting Guest
89 voyager

thats what i think as well but is ther a way to find out without trial and error its not expensive or hard but if unnecessary i dont want to play around also how do you bench bleed them the last one i did was a 78 blazer and it was almost new boy that was a while ago most of what comes thru where i work is minor or just push it in the river.............and with my inspection 1 year out i need to move fast cuz i already have lanlord on my back for it thanks so much new york

Old 11-27-02, 09:53 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Please punctuate and use proper grammar when posting--easier to read.

You use a metal rod, like a socket extension to bench bleed the master. It's probably shot. A rebuilt one is pretty cheap for this application, and will come with the bench bleeding instructions and fitting kit.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: