Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

2000 Lincoln Navigator air suspension

Visiting Guest

11-24-02, 05:32 PM   #1  
iamfineone
2000 Lincoln Navigator air suspension

Truck is pumped up all the way, rides like a rock. I hit switch to stop compresssor, but still rides high and hard..... This might be good for some things, but not good on the road. Made appointment with dealer, but will be a few days.. Any ideas to help me through? Thanks

Sponsored Links

11-24-02, 11:19 PM   #2  
Well, I hate to say it but you are totally in the hands of the dealer unless you want to get a Factory Service Manual and read up on it.
www.helminc.com

I get around to a half a dozen auto boards on the web and no one has any experience with them, or is willing to admit it. They'll need to pull codes off the computer and then go from there.

This link deals with Lincoln air suspension but I dont know if it will help you any. There is a Forum there to post in.
www.bagmasterair.com

Good Luck

Visiting Guest

11-25-02, 05:36 AM   #3  
Joe_F
I agree. Dealer's problem, not yours. Warrantied for free.

Visiting Guest

11-25-02, 06:43 AM   #4  
iamfineone
2002 lincoln

Thanks gents for the response!! Got the truck into the dealer for service only after jumping to start.. Compressor kept working even with the switch off......was dead this morning..Hope my experience will help, I will pass it on.

mike

11-26-02, 07:11 AM   #5  
These systems had a lot of problems with an air leak at the front suspension that would let the compressor keep running trying to compensate for the leak.They even had a technical service bulletin on them.As some have already said these things usually involve some diagnosis time due to many not being familiar with they're set up.I've also seen some height adjuster sensors as well as modules cause the same concern.Just to many options to be sure of which would be the cause.

Visiting Guest

11-27-02, 07:38 PM   #6  
iamfineone
2002 Lincoln Navigator

Truck was fixed today. Fordtech hit the nail on the head! The compressor was replaced and the leak in the line fixed also. So thanks to all!!

Mike

11-28-02, 10:23 AM   #7  
Glad to here you got it fixed.

Search this Thread