> Year: 1990
> Price 750
> Mileage: 139000
> Body Style: Hatchback
> Color: Burgundy
> Cylinders: 4 Cylinder
> Transmission: Automatic
> Doors: Two Door
> Description: 1990 Dodge Daytona 2.5 litre, automatic, no rust but paint faded, runs good but needs water pump and brake caliper. First $750 takes it.

Should we get this car for a 16 yr old? We can't bring it to our regular mechanic, but should I get a compression check/head gasket check due to water pump problem?

My mechanic brother calls a Daytona a disposable car. What do y'all think? Should we hold out for a Celica and pay 3X more?

Would you buy this for your 16 yr old son? He love the Daytona look (the recessed headlights. etc)

ARE THER OTHER SUGGESTIONS FOR A 90ish, $2000 range CAR FOR A 16 YR OLD THAT LIKES RECESSED HEADLIGHTS?

Last edited by foreverkeeps; 11-26-02 at 07:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-02, 09:46 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Waste of 750 bucks. That's a piece of junk, short and sweet. Lackluster vehicle, poor quality, rough, crude and very tired at this point.

Skip it unless they drop the 7 off the price .

As for other vehicles in the 2000 dollar range, it depends on what you want. You can get an older GM rear driver, which will run forever on spit and glue. The styling may not appeal to most. You can get a pickup truck for this price or a van.

Unless he's into fixing them as a hobby/trade/career, functionality before beauty should rule. All the more so if YOU are the one footing the bill. If he's paying, he picks. If you're paying you pick .

My first car (one of them) was a 1982 Toronado, but I paid it off in a summer by working.