themostat r&r

Old 11-21-02, 07:54 PM
ALMOST
Visiting Guest
themostat r&r

1996 montie carlo ,3.1L , over heating , need to know how to change themostat , have"nt checked coolant fan yet but will , please send r&r for themostat , thank you in advance

Old 11-22-02, 03:54 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Cut and paste the autolibrary.org link in my signature file below.

Old 11-22-02, 05:52 PM
ALMOST
Visiting Guest
joe cool

almost, copy and pasted the url and got as far as the model and year and then it took me to a box that you choose which size engine and body , and it would'nt take me any further , im trying to find out where this themo stat is located , it looks like it is below the matt senser on the air inlet hose ,and it looks like it trying to hide from me lol , thanks for your post , just don't want to tear something off that dont need to be messed with , we are talking about a 1996 monte carlo , 3.1 L 2door

Old 11-23-02, 04:54 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
The site works, make sure your browser accepts cookies.

When you click the box with the body style, it will open up the appropriate manual.

Old 11-23-02, 05:48 PM
ALMOST
Visiting Guest
joe cool and help

hate to be a pain , but i looked and i do accept cookies , just dont know why i cant get any further then the spot i click for body and engine size , it just sets there and looks at me , thanks for all the help , if you can help further ,please do , if not , just enore this post and thanks for all the help you give on this site

Old 11-23-02, 06:11 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Almost...try to cut and paste this link below.

http://www.cybrrpartspro.com/Chilton%20Manuals/8800m/8800CH03_11.HTML

Old 11-23-02, 08:08 PM
ALMOST
Visiting Guest
stevo2

thanks for the info , got thru this time , bought car for son and it had alot of small problems , dealer agreed to bring it back in for a fix , said they had to bleed radiator , system had air in it , son says it ok right now , didnt know this car had bleeders for radiator , will wait and see what happens , thanks for everybodys help

Old 11-26-02, 06:27 AM
ALMOST
Visiting Guest
r&r themostat

great news , took car in and made list and son got car back and next day cooling system broke lose with a leak under air intake , intake gasket sprang a leak , they did'nt replace themostat like i sujested and it over heated and thinking it took out the gasket , so now they are pulling intake gasket ,could be wrong but i'm thinking if they had r&r that themostat it would have been soooooooo much easyer for them , i'm a little rusted in the head so don.t know for sure ,what do ya think

Old 11-26-02, 07:54 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
From what you've posted i'd agree with your thinking.To much pressure had to go somewhere!!.The shop is right though these things can get air pockets in them.I'd make sure they put a new thermostat in this thing also just to be safe!.

Old 11-26-02, 07:05 PM
ALMOST
Visiting Guest
INTAKE GASKET

STOPPED AND TALKED TO THE SHOP WRENCH MAN , AND THEY HAVE TORE IT DOWN AND SHOULD HAVE IT BACK TOGETHER TODAY AND YES THEY ARE FINALLY PUTTING THAT THEMOSTAT IN , HOPE SON DID'NT OVER HEAT IT TO MUCH , OUCH ????

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: