Tranny Problems

Old 11-26-02, 10:26 AM
zed101
Visiting Guest
Angry Tranny Problems

I just put an AOD tranny in my 1989 Ford Crown Vic (302). While installing the tranny I was able to turn the flywheel to bolt down the torque converter, but now it won't budge. I didn't realized that it was binding until I attempted to start the car! I removed the tention at the crossmember and jacked the the tranny up from the ass-end, but still no relief. PLEASE HELP ME, I'm in bad shape if I have to remove the entire thing!!!!!!!! Any and all suggestions are needed!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-02, 02:33 PM
If you mean you can not turn the engine over by using a socket and ratchet on the crank bolt,then you will have to pull the transmission back out.The torque convertor has probably slid forward on you during installation, locking up the engine.
Believe me your not the only person to have ever done this.When you go back with it the second time make sure after tightening the convertor nuts this thing will spin over before continuing the installation!!

Old 11-26-02, 02:36 PM
One more quick thought,when the convertor is properly installed you won't be able to put your fingers behind the convertor due to them hitting the interior of the bellhousing!!