1997 Mercury Villager

Old 11-27-02, 05:48 PM
tailgate
Visiting Guest
Red face 1997 Mercury Villager heater cold air at low rpm

The heater in my van has warm air only if I am giving it gas at 1 and a half rpms or more. If the rpm is any less then that I get cold air, even stopping at a red light. I had all the hoses changed in the summer and had it back flushed just yesterday. We had put stop leak in it because of a leak, but that was before all this was done. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-02, 06:48 PM
It sounds like you have an air pocket in the coolant system.These vans are notorious for a leak on the small intake hoses under the upper plentinum chamber.They will seep and also allow air to be sucked into the system.When your increasing your RPM's your basically just moving the air pocket in the system.
I'd suggest taking it to your local Ford dealer and letting them take a look at it.It might seem to cost a little more but in actuallity it'll save you money not having to keep going back somewhere else trying to get it right!!.

Old 11-28-02, 04:52 PM
tailgate
Visiting Guest
Question Thanks fordtech

Thanks a million fordtech, you've been a big help. Could have the air pocket be caused from changing the hoses or maybe one of the hoses wasn't put on tight enough?

Thanks, tailgate

Old 11-30-02, 01:47 PM
Your welcome,and anytime this system is worked on there's a good chance for air pockets.

Old 03-11-03, 02:51 PM
trubendunst
Visiting Guest
Solution

Did you get your rear heater to work, if so can you post the solution?