Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1986 Nissan Pickup needing a new fuel tank and fuel lines

Visiting Guest

11-30-02, 04:19 PM   #1  
blk_eyes
1986 Nissan Pickup needing a new fuel tank and fuel lines

I bought a 1986 Nissan Pickup a few weeks ago, for $300.00. I didn't expect for things to be perfect for sure, I just needed something to get me to and from work. I find out the entire underneath of the truck is completely rusted out including the fuel tank. I was just interested if anyone could give me a ballpark figure of how much it's gonna cost to have that and the fuel lines fixed. Nothing like spending more in repairs than the purchase of the vehicle. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

11-30-02, 09:35 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Eeek. If the frame and floors are rotted out, pitch it now. Not worth putting any money into. It's a death trap and should be junked...it would be good money after bad to put a spark plug in it .

If the frame and floors are solid, you can probably get a new gas tank aftermarket for it (find someone that sells American Designs tanks...such as Autozone). The fuel lines will have to be gotten from another Nissan truck like it, or made up from either bulk tubing, or by sending the old lines (even in pieces) to Fine Lines, Classic Tube or Inline Tube (who happens to be in MI where you live). They can duplicate just about any fuel line out there if they have a sample.

However, first determine if the structure is sound. If not, put it out to pasture.

Search this Thread