Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

dodge transmission

Visiting Guest

12-01-02, 05:24 PM   #1  
dcarey1771
dodge transmission

i have a 93 dodge intrepid that has 109,000 miles on it. i was driving it and it would not downshift. this is an automatic. it goes in drive and reverse but when i am driving it, it will not downshift at all. help! do you think i need a new transmission?
hope someone can give me an idea of what this is.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

12-02-02, 02:43 AM   #2  
Joe_F
When was the last time the fluid and filter were changed?

Yes, it sounds like it might be rebuild time.....have a good trans shop take a drive with you and have a look.

Visiting Guest

12-05-02, 06:22 PM   #3  
dcarey1771
dodge intrepid

i took my 93 dodge intrepid to a transmission repair facility and was told the car never acted up for them. i was told that they hooked it up to a computer and it read out that the transmission slipped in third gear and that the car computer sensed a problem and went into limp mode, that is why it would not down shift while driving. they suggested getting a rebuilt transmission. $1800 estimate. how long will a rebuilt transmission last? anyone know?

thanks.

12-05-02, 06:29 PM   #4  
if rebuilt to specs and maintained it should last atleast 100,000 miles if not more. but you may look into how long of a warranty the shop offers on the remanufactured transmission, if something did happen, i would expect atleast a 1 year warranty at the least.

Search this Thread