Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

rack @ pinion (87 dodge dakota)

AL

12-01-02, 06:04 PM   #1  
rack @ pinion (87 dodge dakota)

hello guys.my friend has a 1987 dodge dakota 3.3 motor. his rack @ pinion is gone to pieces and he has asked me to help him.well i've done just about everything to a car or truck (mechanically) as much as a shade tree mechanic can except work on a rack @ pinion.he wants to replace everything on it thru out.and i had no idea on it really.can someone give me a step by step on what to do so i can kinda get an idea on what needs to not be touced or messed why.any help would be appreciated. thanks guys,yalled helped me before so i need yall to come thru 1 more time for me. thanks any ifo would be appreciated. 1 rustyfan.!!!!

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

12-02-02, 02:41 AM   #2  
Joe_F
No 3.3 in a Dakota, I think you mean 3.9.....

Check autolibrary.org in my signature file for the R&R on the rack and pinion...they should have it there.

Replace the outer tie rods at the same time. Get a good quality rebuilt unit such as a Mopar or Moog or other reliable brand name. Get an alignment at once after completing the job.

Search this Thread