92 VW Golf door jammed shut

Old 12-03-02, 09:10 AM
92 VW Golf door jammed shut

This is the rear passenger door. I doubt highly that it is the child lock thing because I never went near it. It has been 8 mos since this happened. I'm trying to sell this cheap but have concern that this door is still jammed..... Don't wanna pull it all apart so if there are any tricks..... I'm thinkin about setting up a sissor jack to force it somehow while the outer handle is pinche just to get side access so to pull the handle out. (maybe explosives are better?) Outside handle seems to be trying to pull the latch but inside handle seems to move freely.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-02, 09:52 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Likely a jammed latch. It's too involved to fix if you are selling it.

Pitch it as is.

Old 03-28-03, 04:57 AM
fixed the jammed vw door

I cut through the inside fiber door panel so to see where the bar connected with the door latch. The bar from the handle has a bend or U hook at the end that is pinched "almost closed". The latch is supposed to keep tension on the bar at all times. The latch froze leaving the bar with out tension. The bar hook was not closed enough to keep from slipping off the latch. I soaked the latch with WD-40 and re-hooked the bar on the latch. Couldn't get close enough to it to close the hook more so that it wouldn't fall off in the future. Not a great design... at all. It appears to be maintaining the needed tension on the latch. The inner panel looked terrible but if it was cut clean it would be OK set back together.

Search this Thread