Air Bag Light on 1997 Range Rover

Old 12-03-02, 10:10 AM
brokerdan
Visiting Guest
Question Air Bag Light on 1997 Range Rover

Hi
I have a problem with my aribag light. The light is on on my 1997 Range Rover Vitesse. I have had the car checked by rover several times and they have found nothing wrong with the airbag or anything linked to it, but it keeps coming on. Can anyone tell me how to shut it off. Rover wants $100 to do it and I know it will be on again within one week. I do not want to keep spending this money to have it shut off. I am turning the car in and do not want it on when I do.

thanks

Dan

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-02, 10:39 AM
I truly believe that if you took it to the dealer and they "fixed it", and the light came back on, they should fix it again. For free. If they've found nothing wrong then they haven't looked hard enough.

Old 12-03-02, 11:09 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I agree. Dealer's problem, not yours. You paid to have it fixed. There is fault in the system---their responsibility to fix it right.

Old 12-03-02, 01:47 PM
brokerdan
Visiting Guest
Follow up for air bag problem

The problem is that it is out of warentee and it was not purchased local so the dealer does not care about the car or me for that matter. They said thier charge was not for fixing the light but for the diagnostic test and that the more "in-depth" test to "really" find out what the problem is is $1500. Go figure.

Dan

Old 12-03-02, 02:08 PM
They want to charge $1500 just to find out what the problem is? Wow... I should own that dealer.
This may be a Rover, but that amount seems way to high for me. Perhaps you may want to call Range Rover and complain about them, the Airbag light should not come on so soon anyway.
Also, since the light came on any OBDII scanner should pick it up in a few seconds.

Old 12-04-02, 03:30 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I agree. Call up Range Rover and blow them out on the phone. Tell them their product and dealer isn't worth a darn and is incompetent.

If you pay someone to fix a problem and it comes back that quick--they didn't fix the problem.

If that fails, call the Better Business Bureau and log a complaint against the dealer. Tell the dealer you plan to do so, that should get them hopping a bit .