Chevrolet Beretta....

Old 12-04-02, 07:45 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Question Chevrolet Beretta....

Hi all,

Joe F keeps telling me to come over and ask an auto question....so here it is.....

1993 Chevrolet Beretta, my boys car. Engine size unknown, but it is a 6 cyclinder, automatic.

Drivers side wiper blade and arm wouldn't move after recent snow fall, passenger side worked ok. I opened the hood and removed small plastic cover and found the wiper arm nut loose....I tightened bolt/nut and the wiper worked but they hit one another So I loosened the nut again and moved wiper arm up towards the roof a little bit and re-tightened the nut/bolt....now the blades no longer hit one another Should I be worried as to why the nut/bolt became loose in the first place?....maybe jammed on ice/snow?...should I have used loc-tight? ( or the Mrs nail polish ) on that bolt/nut. Winter is here already in the Great White North and I don't want them ( my boys ) out and have this thing quiting on them!!

TIA,

jeff.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-02, 10:34 PM
knuckles
Visiting Guest
It likely worked loose from normal use, but it could've been due to the ice.

Not something to worry about. You can use medium strength Loctite on it if you want.

Old 12-05-02, 03:31 AM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Smile

Thank you Sir knuckles!!

jeff.

Old 12-05-02, 05:36 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Sorry I didn't get to you sooner Jeff

Knuckles is right. Make sure the blade is on the serrated part of the arm squarely.

Tighten it and put some Loctite on it....it will be fine. They can work themselves loose.

I have had the linkage arm come off for no reason. Tightening it usually rectifies it.

Old 12-05-02, 07:20 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
FYI: The likely engine size in this Beretta is a 3.1 liter vin code M engine (8th digit of the Vin # is an M)

Doesn't matter in the case of this question

Hope it's fixed

Old 12-05-02, 03:47 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

**The likely engine size in this Beretta is a 3.1 liter**

Thankx Joe....that is the correct size....goes like hell!!

**Doesn't matter in the case of this question**

I didn't think so either....but I read your "what info to have" before posting message....

jeff.

Old 12-05-02, 07:36 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Jeff:

You're welcome, any time, and glad we could help.

Feel free to come by anytime.