Transmission Modulator

Old 12-07-02, 05:31 PM
Guitarman500
Visiting Guest
Transmission Modulator

Car = 1989 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale 3.8l V6 , Fullsize 2 door.

Hello, I Adjusted the Modulator on My Transmission To Make it Shift Smoother, but i still feel The Shift a little (just Barely) And i was wondering if i could Damage my transmission by Adjusting the modulator Too much.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-02, 10:22 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Probably not before the THM440T4 gives up hope on you . Those are TERRIBLE transmissions.

Main thing is the fluid and filter being service regularly.

As I recall, you installed a used transmission into this car---it's probably not a 100% (that's why it's from the junkyard ).

Old 12-08-02, 08:49 AM
Guitarman500
Visiting Guest
Yes i know Those Transmissions are no good, But I dont know what kind of "junkyards" you Have but, over Here we Get parts Straight from the cars that got in accidents, So its not like anyone knows if the transmission works or not

Besides $300 For a transmission isn't bad.

Old 12-08-02, 05:58 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
It depends . Some are pure junk and the reason why they are in there, some are dumb luck (they just work) and some are scores (new tranny in a car that was rear ended).

On the whole, junk is junk though . Considering that if you installed a rebuilt, it would incorporate all the "fixes" and upgrades that weren't in the original. When you buy a used one, you could be at square one again .

300 bucks for a tranny is "OK". Some of the U pull it yards up in PA (a few hours from here) have 'em for 50 bucks and they tend to be in better shape

Old 12-08-02, 07:00 PM
Guitarman500
Visiting Guest
hehe, get this. We Got The 2 other Transmissions from the junkyard At our house now becuase They didnt work They said to keep them lol.

Would Any other Transmissions besides the THM440T4 Work in My Car? if so let me know Thanks Again.

Old 12-09-02, 03:38 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
No, you're stuck with a THM440T4. Swapping to anything else is impossible or unwarranted .

I'm telling ya . That's why you're sitting with 2 junked units, they are just that .

In actuality, the time, labor and effort of doing this 3 times puts you near half way to a rebuild! .