Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

93 sable

Visiting Guest

12-10-02, 10:31 AM   #1  
pweber
93 sable

My daughter happens to have one of these lemons. She has replaced the water pump, bypass hose, and head gasket and the ac compressor is out. Now the heater is blowing cold air and the temperature is going up. Suspect bad thermostat or water pump again. Does anyone have the number or address for someone at Ford that would listen and maybe cover some of the costs of repairs on this piece of junk?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

12-10-02, 10:32 AM   #2  
pweber
It is a 3.8

It is a 3.8

Visiting Guest

12-10-02, 10:58 AM   #3  
Joe_F
www.ford.com or 313-523-5414. You should be able to find an 800 number for them as well on their website.

The 3.8 is a notorious gasket blower and isn't worth 50 cents...most Ford products aren't, but this is a real stand out .

They may cover the head gasket again if it indeed is that and it's under 100k on the mileage.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Check the basics first---bad thermostat, coolant flush, etc.

Visiting Guest

12-10-02, 05:55 PM   #4  
pweber
Turns out the anti-freeze was about 3 quarts low. Now the challenge is to find out where it went. I did get a call from Ford but haven't hooked up with them yet. Thanks for the help

Visiting Guest

12-10-02, 07:19 PM   #5  
roland1978
3.8 fords are known for blowing head gaskets. You'll have to go to a race head gasket that is thicker. Also make sure that you have them heads checked for flat ness.

Visiting Guest

12-15-02, 08:28 PM   #6  
riverrat95
JUNK CAR

Sell the piece of junk & buy her a real car, like any good dad would do! Shame on you

Visiting Guest

12-18-02, 06:06 PM   #7  
pweber
How about laying 10 or 15 grand on me so I can do it, after all it's Christmas.

Visiting Guest

12-18-02, 07:42 PM   #8  
Joe_F
Depending on the car and how handy you are, a 1000 dollar old rear drive GM could suit her or a 5 to 7 thousand dollar used car could too.

No need to spend 10 or 15k on one. I never did

Search this Thread