Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

'84 Chevy S-10 Factory Tach

Visiting Guest

12-16-02, 04:38 PM   #1  
LAWLES
'84 Chevy S-10 Factory Tach

I recently located a factory dash for my S-10 blazer with a factory installed Tachometer. The tach works well with the currently installed 2.8L V-6. I am in the process of converting to a V-8 with an HEI or Mallory Unilite distributor. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or schematic for this tach or know what adjustments need to be made to this tach for use with the V-8?

Sponsored Links

12-16-02, 06:34 PM   #2  
more than likely you will have to install a universal tach, the tach runs from the negative side of the coil and i doubt the factory tach had any switch for 4,6,or8 cylinders like an aftermarket one would which means if factory tach is used it will not be accurate,
you might be able to find the same style tach on a full size v-8 pickup that could be switched to your instrument cluster dont know for sure though.

Visiting Guest

12-16-02, 07:23 PM   #3  
Joe_F
I agree with BeJay.

Visiting Guest

12-16-02, 11:04 PM   #4  
knuckles
I suggest you check http://www.jagsthatrun.com . The OEM tach can be recalibrated to work w/ a V-8 & JTR has the info you need for other aspects of the V-8 swap as well.

Search this Thread