Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

4Runner rear window defroster/wiper

Visiting Guest

12-17-02, 05:29 PM   #1  
js69
4Runner rear window defroster/wiper

The rear window wiper and rear defroster stopped working on my wife's 1997 Toyota 4Runner. I assume this is a likely a blown fuse but I haven't checked yet. Does this sound right? Are these two items on the same fuse and is that fuse in the main fusebox under the dashboard or in another location? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

12-17-02, 07:56 PM   #2  
Joe_F
It could also be a bad wiper motor. You'll have to get into a bit and tell us what you find.

Visiting Guest

12-17-02, 08:50 PM   #3  
1fireman
I would strongly suggest just opening your fuse panel and looking at the diagram on it that says which fuse is for which accessories. Check the ones that look promising and if you don't find a blown fuse, ask for further help.

Visiting Guest

12-18-02, 03:57 PM   #4  
js69
would the wiper motor effect the rear defroster? I assumed that a fuse would be the only thing the two would have in common.

12-18-02, 04:13 PM   #5  
You may have some broken wires from opening the rear hatch or glass.But I'd look at fuses first,if you have 2 blown maybe you have wires shorted back there.

Search this Thread