Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

'94 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Visiting Guest

12-20-02, 11:06 AM   #1  
dennap

Once I do the oil change on the Jeep, how do I reset the electronic array that is located in front of the column shift so the flashing "service engine" message stops?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

12-20-02, 11:31 AM   #2  
Joe_F
What does the owner's manual have to say on this subject?

Visiting Guest

12-20-02, 11:42 AM   #3  
dennap

Unfortunately, I bought the vehicle second-hand and there isn't an owners manual - that is partially my predicament. I plan on buying a manual for it but will be doing the oil change tonight. Thank you for any advice you can offer.

Visiting Guest

12-20-02, 11:53 AM   #4  
Joe_F
See the link below (the Basics)which will take you to sites with info on where you can buy a new manual.

Check autolibrary after clicking on the "Basics" below. They may have how to reset the oil indicator light.

On my sister's 2002 Tahoe, you turn the key on, and then pump the gas 3 times in five seconds and the light responds by blinking and shutting off.

Visiting Guest

12-20-02, 11:59 AM   #5  
dennap

Thanks so much!! I thought it might be something like this (had a similar experience in the past with a Pontiac). I will definitely give this a try! Again, thank you!

Search this Thread