'93 Nissan 240SX won't start

Old 12-21-02, 04:03 PM
khdad
Visiting Guest
'93 Nissan 240SX won't start

The Nissan had a radiator problem and overheated. As we pulled off the road, the engine died or shut itself off. I have replaced the radiator and coolant, but now the engine won't start. It turns over, has spark, gasoline in the tank, but won't start. It was fine before the overheat. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-02, 04:08 PM
1fireman
Visiting Guest
I think you need to give some more info, what engine, etc. Also think about what caused it to overheat, was it just because the radiator was leaking and you ran low on coolant, or did you blow the head gaskets and now there is coolant in your cylinders?

Old 12-21-02, 04:16 PM
khdad
Visiting Guest
Engine is 2.4L 4cyl dohc. Radiator had a leak, lost the coolant, car overheated. After cooling off, the crack was patched and coolant added. The car restarted and was driven a few miles but again started running hot. The ignition was turned off (intentionally) and the car pulled off the road. The radiator was again leaking, so a tow truck was called. Again, we replaced the radiator and coolant, thinking the engine was not damaged and would restart, but now it won't.

Old 12-21-02, 08:36 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
You state you have spark, but do you have fuel pressure?

Does the distributor rotor turn if you take the cap off and crank the engine? If not, timing issue.

Old 12-21-02, 11:11 PM
khdad
Visiting Guest
Thank you 1Fireman and Joe. I believe we have fuel pressure but will check it. I only checked for spark at the spark plugs, which were replaced today. I will pull distributor cap and check it there. If both check out, I will let you know.

Search this Thread