Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1993 Sable piece of junk

Visiting Guest

12-23-02, 04:50 PM   #1  
pweber
1993 Sable piece of junk

The third time I've been on here about the piece of crap. Have a slow antifreeze leak I'm trying to find. I jack the car up and find a small drip on the underside but can't find where it's coming from. Then try to start the car and it won't start. The exact same thing happened before and then it started. It's my daughters car and it's had an intermittant starting problem. It turns over but there is no spark coming out of the coil. I don't have a schematic. I've tried the website you guys have on your site but after I enter the model it won't let me go any further. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

12-23-02, 04:53 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Have you looked at my post "The Basics"?

Most likely cause of no spark on a Ford is the pickup or the module. The module, if distributor mounted is a known problem spot.

Yes, this is a bad heap not worth bus fare .

Group Moderator

FL

12-24-02, 08:59 AM   #3  
If that's a 3.8L, frequent leak source is timing cover gasket at the places where the water passages are located. Been there, done that on my brother's and it is a b****.

My sister's Windstar (3.8L) had some seepage from the same area but I staved off having to work on it by snugging up all the bolts.

Group Moderator

FL

12-24-02, 09:00 AM   #4  
A little clarification; the timing cover-to-block gasket.

Visiting Guest

12-25-02, 02:50 PM   #5  
Joe_F
It has to be a 3.8L---it has cooling problems .

I'm with TowGuy on the leak propensity and location.

Search this Thread