Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

map sensor 88 astro

Visiting Guest

12-24-02, 07:46 AM   #1  
cactus
map sensor 88 astro

could someone tell me where the map sensor is on a 88 astro with a 4.3l , was changeing altenator, van ran great changed altenator and will not start, tested new alt and is fine, checked part numbers it is right alt, when i floor it the engine tries to fire, let off the gas and just keeps crankin with no spark, think it could be map sensor?, i have checked all spark plug wires and coil wire, has gas, any ideas man i am stuck
thanks

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

12-24-02, 07:52 AM   #2  
Joe_F
MAP sensor wouldn't cause a no spark condition.

Start with my "The Basics" post below. Let us know what you find.

As for the location of all the sensors, typically there is an emission diagram under the hood that gives the basic layout and vacuum line routing.

LA

12-25-02, 01:47 AM   #3  
Check ECM fuses (should be 2 of them). If power is lost to ECM, engine will start only run in WOT condition.

Visiting Guest

12-25-02, 02:43 PM   #4  
Joe_F
I'm with Dan in addition to reading "The Basics"

Visiting Guest

12-25-02, 06:24 PM   #5  
cactus
88 astro

thanks for the replies, basics are read and done, good links, checked fuses, still nothing, guess it is time to pay a real mechanic to fix what i messed up, great board and once again thanks

Visiting Guest

12-26-02, 02:22 AM   #6  
Joe_F
So still no spark? There are ways to test these things.

Check the autolibrary.org link in my signature file through "The Basics". Check for a bad module or pickup in the distributor. Both would cause a no spark/no start condition.

Search this Thread