Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

datsun

Visiting Guest

12-25-02, 09:06 PM   #1  
JOSHA
datsun

what do i have to do to keep my 1982 210 on the road?? Is the cost of transmission repair costly?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

12-26-02, 02:10 AM   #2  
Joe_F
That's quite vague of a question, and will generate a vague answer .

Depends on what it's worth to you in all honesty.

If the transmission has internal failure, repair (or even installation of a used one) will easily exceed the value of this vehicle.

If you like the vehicle or feel that you cannot replace it with something better for the same price or less, then it may be worth fixing.

If the car is in poor shape (body rotted, engine troubles, worn out suspension, etc) then, no, it's not worth it. It's like sinking money in a black hole.

My personal opinion? Pitch it. These were junk in 1982, certainly junk in 2002. Step up to something a little better and cheaper to fix.

Visiting Guest

12-26-02, 07:23 AM   #3  
fordman30
you mean datsuns are still roaming the earth............hahaha

NY

12-26-02, 05:39 PM   #4  
Datsuns, I've never seen one any other color but brown. Every last Datsun I can recall in my entire life was brown, Josha, is your '82 210 brown?

Visiting Guest

12-26-02, 06:47 PM   #5  
Joe_F
Yes, brown for RUST color .

The color selections were quite limited on these early Japanese shoes. Grey, red, blue, tan and a few other colors depending on the model and the make.

Search this Thread