1994 Jeep GC Serpentine Belt

Old 12-27-02, 06:52 AM
kkern
Visiting Guest
1994 Jeep GC Serpentine Belt

I need some help.. My belt broke this morning while I was driving and the temperature on my engine shot up!! I need to replace the belt but I have no idea where to even start.. Is there something else that may be wrong? Can someone give me some direction on where to go for this?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-02, 08:27 AM
fordman30
Visiting Guest
there should be a diagram on the hood or by the hood latch.it will show you the direction the belt goes .it probaly has an tensioner to tighten the belt.......

Old 12-27-02, 02:12 PM
1fireman
Visiting Guest
The reason the temp shot up is because your drive belt wasn't driving the water pump to pump water through the engine to cool it. If you drove too much you may have done some serious damage to your vehicle. If the engine got hot enough you may have wrecked the head gasket not to mention the heads. The belt should be easy enough to replace. Like fordman said, there is probably a diagram under the hood telling you exactly how to do it. Your owners manual may also have some information, and if neither of those do it for you buy a repair manual when you go get your belt.

BTW: Make sure you take a different car to go get your manual and belt. Driving that car without the belt on it will do many things to your car. The battery will go dead cause you have no alternator to charge it, you won't have power steering, no water pump, etc.

Old 12-27-02, 02:58 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I agree with these guys.

There should be a diagram under the hood, or the R&R instructons for the belt should be in Autolibrary.org, which is accessed through my signature file below.