1990 air suspenion on towncar

Old 12-29-02, 11:25 AM
bigdell78
Visiting Guest
1990 air suspenion on towncar

having lots of trouble air suspension on town car .can some tell me whats the matter with system its a 1990 town car

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-02, 11:30 AM
tstokka
Visiting Guest
what kind of trouble??????????????????????????????

Old 12-29-02, 12:39 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Most common faults are:

Bad airbags (air springs), leaking lines, bad compressor, among other things.

These systems are very troublesome, expensive and not worth a wooden nickel. Cars with regular springs ride just as good and don't have such issues .

Old 12-29-02, 07:31 PM
This is an item that very few mechanics service and will more than likely need to be addressed by your local Lincoln Dealer. You can get a Factory service manual and look into it yourself, theres at least 50 pages of diagnostics. Or since your in Texas you might try calling these guys. http://www.bagmasterair.com

It's unfortunate that such a nice car was coupled with the air suspension as this suspension is very time consuming and expensive to fix. My neighbors Lincoln sits with the rear end down for weeks now, its got problems too.

Old 12-30-02, 12:51 PM
bigdell78
Visiting Guest
thanks 2 all u guys that answer me

thanks for for all the help guys

Old 12-31-02, 07:02 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
Try Midas.....

I have a "90 T/Car-Problem....When the car is not in use the rear almost drags the ground. Bypass all problems at Midas as I did and for $169.00 + tax they remove the bags install coil springs and send you on your way. Sounds to good to be true? This is a new kit so ask for it. I have no affiliation with Midas, just a guy who was pleased to dodge the dealer bullet on this problem....Mike

Old 12-31-02, 11:15 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Mike is correct. This CAN be done.

Motor Magazine did a special on doing this with the Continental by using the Taurus/Sable strut set up.

I would gather here, you use the Crown Vic spring set up in this Town Car.

They use the same frame, so it should work. A good spring shop or repair shop should be able to handle this.

Thanks Mike for the gentle reminder . LOL