Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

93 saturn burns oil

Visiting Guest

12-29-02, 11:18 PM   #1  
1mystik
93 saturn burns oil

ok first problem is i have a egr code going off in the car and need to know what part/s to replace to cure this. Secondly is this affecting the car burning great amounts of oil. I go thru about a quart every 3 days. there is no oil and water mix and I don't allow it to over heat. What can fix this problem ?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

12-30-02, 07:11 AM   #2  
Joe_F
1) It's a collosal help to know if we are talking about a DOHC or SOHC Saturn.

FOLKS: YOU MUST TELL US THE YEAR, MAKE, MODEL, ENGINE SIZE AND OTHER PARTICULARS OF THE MACHINE YOU ARE INQUIRING ABOUT, AMONG ALL (YES ALL) OF THE DETAILS WE ASK FOR IN THE "READ HERE BEFORE POSTING" STICKY. WE CANNOT HELP YOU IF YOU DO NOT HELP US !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE NOT MIND READERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF WE DO NOT RECEIVE THE INFORMATION WE NEED, WE WILL JUST REFER YOU BACK TO THE STICKY OR ASK ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS WHICH DELAYS THE REPLY TO YOU!!!

2) With that out of the way , Saturns inherently burn oil. If you were not anally regular and did 3k oil and filter changes through the life of the vehicle, it will burn oil. Any Saturn over 100k will probably burn some oil, but your motor sounds tired and in need of a rebuild. Check that the PCV system is working properly. Change the valve and clean out the line, making sure it has no splits or cracks. Is the air filter box full of oil?

3) The EGR valve is likely stuffed and wiped. Common on Saturns as they carbonize.

4) Don't waste money changing parts on a car that burns a quart a week. Rectify the engine oil burning problem first.

Search this Thread