not starting

Old 12-15-02, 07:44 PM
oneknucklehead
Visiting Guest
not starting

I have a 1995 Mit. Mirage ..I parked this car a few months ago and it ran perfect....I go out to start it the other day and it wont start at all cranks but doesnt starts. I've changed the distributor cap and rotor spark plugs and wires and even the battery and still it wont start .....its getting spark and the air flow is good and it even flood out when trying to start it.....does anyone know what else i can try?......

Old 12-15-02, 08:38 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
well after attempting to start the car pull the sparkplugs back out they should be a little wet with gas, dry them off, disable the ignition by disconnecting coil, and squirt some oil in the cylinders and crank the engine over with the plugs out of it now reinstall plugs, reconnect the coil and see if it runs, this will help bring the compression up if it has ben setting awhile, could be bad gas or even a bad fuel pump leaving a car set for a long time really takes its toll on the fuel system, if the above doesnt get it going i would suggest towing to a shop.

Old 12-16-02, 11:03 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I agree. Might have old, stale fuel which may not even be strong enough to light off anymore

Old 12-16-02, 11:48 AM
oneknucklehead
Visiting Guest
not starting

ok I will try those and let you know.....oh not to sound to dumb what kind of oil are you talking about putting in the spark plug area?....thanks for all your help

Old 12-16-02, 01:43 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
A little motor oil. The grade is not really important. It will boost the compression a bit.

Might smoke a bit till it burns out

Old 12-31-02, 04:34 PM
oneknucklehead
Visiting Guest
not starting

ok I have did all that you replied and still it does not start....could it be the distributor and how can i be sure it is without spending alot of money to find out.....anything else you guys can come up with would greatly be appreciated

Old 12-31-02, 04:44 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Did you completely drain out the old fuel and replace it with new fuel?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: