Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

93 ford escort lx wagon - rubber/plastic under guard in front

austinpm1's Avatar

Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 115

01-02-03, 12:19 PM   #1  
93 ford escort lx wagon - rubber/plastic under guard in front

i'm trying to figure out the part name of the rubber or plastic guard underneath the front of the car (not the bumper but below and behind it) directly below the radiator that protects or sheilds the front of the engine area from stones, water, curbs, etc. coming up from below.

i need to find out what that part is called, what it looks like so i can be sure it matches mine, if possible and if anyone knows where i can find a replacement for it. i think it got hung up on a curb or parking block in a lot and now the one side is torn and hanging down.

thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links
darrell McCoy's Avatar
Visiting Guest

Posts: n/a

01-02-03, 03:50 PM   #2  
darrell McCoy
Head on down to the dealer parts dept. They can get the exact part. Replace it before it gets really hot out because in most cases that is an air deflector and does serve a purpose.

Joe_F's Avatar
Visiting Guest

Posts: n/a

01-03-03, 12:41 AM   #3  
Darrell is correct. The OEM dealer will find it in a jiffy in the parts book and can have it to you in a few days.

Search this Thread