Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

transmission problem

NY

01-03-03, 04:52 AM   #1  
transmission problem

I have a 1997 plymouth voyager with a 3.0 ltr. 6cyl engine. i am not sure if it is a 3spd or 4 spd. tranny. it doesn't have overdrive though. the problem is in shifting. it seems to shift okay for the first 2 gears until about 40 mph. then it doesn't seem to want to kick in to the next gear easily. sometimes it kicks in a little hard around 45 and sometimes it doesn't kick in at all until around 50mph you have to back off on the gas pedal and it will kick in a little hard. i checked the tranny fluid and it is full and looks pretty clean. any suggestions. thanks

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

FL

01-03-03, 05:41 AM   #2  
With no overdrive, you should have a 3 speed (1-2-D on the selector). If you can't remember the last time you had it serviced, first step should be a fluid and filter change. If no improvement after that, suggest you get it checked out at a tranny specialty shop where they can check to see if you have any trouble codes.

Visiting Guest

01-03-03, 07:17 AM   #3  
Joe_F
I agree with TowGuy.

Search this Thread