how to replace the front axle on a 1995 ford f150 4x4?

Old 01-05-03, 08:54 AM
lhorse
Visiting Guest
Question how to replace the front axle on a 1995 ford f150 4x4?

Help!!! I am trying to replace the front axle on my truck today. However I can not find any information that will help me complete this job. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-03, 10:01 AM
You'll need to remove the caliper, rotor, including the locking hub assembly, unbolt the axle bearing assembly from the spindle assembly and pull the axle out through the spindle assembly.

Take care in removing the screws on the outer hub cover, if they strip or break off, you're in for a long afternoon.
As you take the peices of the locking hub off, lay them down in the exact order you take them off, including the direction you removed them.(the flat surface of a washer facing you as you look at it, lay that side down, and all following pieces "face down".
This makes sure when you put it back together, they are exactly the same order and direction they belong.

As with jacking up any car/truck, please use proper jack stands and safety!!

Old 01-05-03, 10:15 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
A service manual is really the recommended literature for this type of job, but in lieu of that, check autolibrary.org below.

Old 01-05-03, 10:19 AM
Manuals and safety

You are absolutely correct about manuals. I should have mentioned that myself..Sorry for my oversight!!
And as always, work safe!!