1986 ford f150 no spark

Old 01-05-03, 07:41 PM
als206
Visiting Guest
Question 1986 ford f150 no spark

I've changed the ignition module and the coil and still have no spark any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-03, 01:55 AM
What size engine are we working with? Might have a pickup assembly in the distributor thats bad. Do you have 12volts at the coil with the key on?

Old 01-06-03, 03:35 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Start with my "The Basics" below.

Old 01-06-03, 04:34 AM
als206
Visiting Guest
302 v8 mfi I've changed the distributer and the coil, the battery is fine as well, yes, there is 12 volts at the coil. any other help, thanx

Old 01-06-03, 06:19 AM
You might want to check your grounds especially the small one off the battery,and on the engine.Take a test light and put it in the small (i believe it's green)wires in the coil.Crank the engine and the lamp should flash while cranking.Let us know what results you get.
Also can you hear the fuel pump come on when turning the key on?Just asking this to see if the computer is at least responding to driver input.

Old 01-06-03, 09:53 AM
als206
Visiting Guest
Smile

I'VE GOT SPARK, but the battery is to low, now charging, I also messed up the firing order, go figure, lol, I'll write back and give the results Tank You,lol

Old 01-06-03, 03:18 PM
Sounds good!! I've done the same a few times myself on the firing order thing!!

Old 01-06-03, 05:47 PM
TheShibzter
Visiting Guest
hmmm, i always have manage to annoy Forum Moderators when I post garbage like this. I'm a pathetic loser. I wish I had done something useful with my life.

Last edited by knuckles; 01-08-03 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-08-03, 10:32 PM
knuckles
Visiting Guest
oh Mr. Shibzter....

Your post has been edited & the script removed. Please dry up and blow away.

Bye-bye.

Old 01-09-03, 10:09 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I have also contacted the administrator about your behavior.

Do the forum and the world a favor and don't breed. The gene pool doesn't need your pollution.

Old 01-10-03, 06:17 PM
This is definately one that follow's Joe's "Start with the basics"..
Are you getting spark from the coil wire? Or is it no spark from the plug wires?
Does the distributor turn when you crank the engine?

I need to print Joe's "Basics" off and take 'em to work for a fellow worker..**GRIN!** Good stuff!

Old 01-14-03, 04:05 AM
als206
Visiting Guest
Talking sorry i've been away so long

No spark at the coil seems to be the problem, but I've changed the coil and still no spark, Question???? would a loose mounting bracket for the coil cause a bad ground or is the coil grounded from some where else? I have also noticed over by the battery, near the starter cylinoid that there is some corroded wires, especially a big fat yellow wire that is in a bunch of other wires that have a male and female connector( they clip together ) are these wires important to getting power to the coil? Again I'm sorry if I don't answer right away but, some of us have to work,lol. And unfortunately my schedule doesn't allow me to write every day. So please be patient, I will answer back. thank you

Al

Old 01-14-03, 05:34 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Wiring and the integrity of connections is the first thing you should check before changing any parts. What does your service manual have to say?

Old 01-15-03, 05:52 PM
als206
Visiting Guest
Joe,

I have printed out the information you have provided, it will probably be a great help. I will follow it step by step and if I have any questions I will write you back, thanks for all of your help.

Al

Old 01-15-03, 05:54 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
No problem.

Just remember that us moderators work too---and do this for free .