1986 Nissan Stanza.

Old 01-06-03, 11:46 PM
Kim Harris
Visiting Guest
1986 Nissan Stanza.

Hello, I hope you can help me. I have recently bought an' 86 Nissan Stanza. It started overheating a little ( I never let it overheat way up in the hot zone), anyway, I don't think my fan is kicking on when it should all the time and I would like to put a toggle switch inside the car to turn the fan on. (I know by doing this that this will probably be the only way that the fan will run). My problem is that I am not real sure if I put the fusable link- i think that is what it is called, it is a wire with a fuse in it-If I put it on the wire going from the battery into the car, or from the fan into the car. Also, on the back of the toggle switch, there is a place for an earth ground...does it have to be grounded?? Thank you very much in advance for any help in this matter.

Old 01-07-03, 07:15 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Why not fix the fan correctly?

Bring power to the fan from the battery. If the fan motor spins, it's a sensor/wiring problem.

There's usually a switch in the radiator or on the block that turns the fan on. The Nissan dealer or any parts store should be able to furnish a replacement.

Old 01-07-03, 08:17 AM
Kim Harris
Visiting Guest
Smile Thanks Joe!

Thank Joe for replying so quickly! I didn't know that you could do that, I will try. My problem is that I need that car to get to work, it is the only one that I have that runs right at the moment, so lets hope I can find the replacement part if I need it. Once again, thanks so much!

Old 01-07-03, 09:27 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Sure. You can also check autolibrary.org below in my signature file for more ideas.

I always have a spare car (or two ) in the house and roadworthy at all times.

Luckily, living in NYC (well the suburbs) means that I'm only a bus or subway ride into where I have to be as well .

Old 01-07-03, 10:57 AM
Kim Harris
Visiting Guest
Thanks Joe...I am the one who also owns the junk Pontiac Lemans that you said I should fix and get rid of. LOL, so this Nissan is my spare car. I live in a city where I don't know anybody, and we don't have buses or subways...Maybe I'll move there.LOL. at least then I would be able to get around. LOL....Thanks again.

Old 01-07-03, 05:48 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Yes, I know. Two bad ones . Sell 'em both and pick up a Toyota of recent vintage if you like small cars. Reliable, fairly easy to fix and well screwed together.

I have all American made iron---no problems

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: