92-4.3-2-10 Blazer Rough Run

Old 01-08-03, 08:17 AM
JHBURTON
Visiting Guest
Angry 92-4.3-2-10 Blazer Rough Run

AFTER NEW DIST CAP, ROTOR ENGINE VERY ROUGH. BEFORE DID RUN BETTER BUT NO POWER UP HILLS. HAVE DOUBLE CHECKED SPARK PLUG WIRE SIQUENCE-CONFORMS TO MANUAL. WHY DOES IT RUN ROUGH NOW?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-03, 09:36 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Kill the caps, no need to shout.

Check the fuel pressure with a hand held gauge. Tell us what it is.

Which engine in the Blazer? 4.3 throttle body or multiport/central port injected?

Old 01-08-03, 10:28 AM
BackSplitRich
Visiting Guest
In '92 I believe it was only TBI.
Anyways, I would check the fuel filter.

Old 01-08-03, 11:42 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Arrow

1992 S,T Series had BOTH the 4.3 vin code Z throttle body engine AND the 4.3 vin W CPI injected Vortec.

Old 01-08-03, 01:04 PM
1fireman
Visiting Guest
Did you change the plugs too, if so check to make sure you got the wires back on tight. If not that should be done with the rotor and cap.

Old 01-08-03, 03:32 PM
JHBURTON
Visiting Guest
IT IS A THROTTLE BODY. I HAVE THE FUEL FILTER BUT HAVE YET TO PUT IT ON, BUT WILL. I ATTEMPTED TO CHANGE THE PLUGS BUT AFTER CHANGING #1 PLUG AND SEEING IT WAS IN GOOD SHAPE COULD NOT GET TO THE NEXT #3 AND# 5 ON DRIVER'S SIDE NO MATTER WHAT I TRIED. THERE SIMPLY IS NO ROOM TO MANUVER. ON #5 PLUG THE STEERING COULUMN IN DIRECTLY IN THE WAY AND ALL THE SHIELDS PROTRUDE SO FAR THAT IT ADDS TO THE DIFFICULTY. I ALSO CHANGED TO WIRE ON #1 AND THE DIST WIRE BUT THE REST OF THEM LOOK LIKE NEW SO I DIDN'T MESS WITH THEM. AS I SAID, I HAVE DOUBLE CHECKED THE SIQUENCE AND TIGHTNESS OF EVERYTHING. THE FUEL FILTER IS UNDERNEATH NEAR THE TANK. TO GIVE ME ROOM I WILL HAVE TO JACK UP THE REAR OF THE CAR AND PINCH OFF THE LINES WITH SOMETHING SO I DON'T GET A FACE FULL OF GAS. WISH ME LUCK! I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN IT IN TO THE SHOP BUT IT IS IN MY GARAGE NOW. IT HAS BEEN A GREAT VEHICLE FOR US HERE BECAUSE OF THE SNOW WE GET AND IT IS IN GOOD SHAPE OTHERWISE.

Old 01-08-03, 05:43 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I'll ask ya again, TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK KEY .

Typing in all caps is akin to shouting. I can hear ya loud and clear.

You can wrap the fuel filter in a rag and shield your eyes with googles. Two wrenches on the filter and you should be able to whip it right off. The truck is high enough that you don't need to jack up anything.

You can usually go through the wheel well to access the spark plugs on most trucks and rear drive GM's. That's what I do. Use a flexible knuckle joint on your rachet to gain access to the plugs.

Don't assume because one plug or wire is good, that they are all good. Chances are you are wrong . If it hasn't seen a tune up in while, you need to start there before going any further.

Then, test the fuel pressure and tell us what you find.

Old 01-08-03, 11:11 PM
If you set your timing...did you re-connect your EST wire snug???

Old 01-09-03, 03:36 PM
JHBURTON
Visiting Guest
Rough Blazer

Thanks, I will proceed with your suggestions.