95 explorer too hot

Old 01-08-03, 01:25 PM
mmiller75
Visiting Guest
Question 95 explorer too hot

I recently replace the heater blower resistor in my 95 Explorer because the blower motor would only work on high. Now the blower motor works on all speeds but it only blows very hot air regardless of where I have the heat control set at. What did I do wrong?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-03, 03:19 PM
I'd check around the area you were working on in the vehicle and make sure you didn't knock a vacuum hose or cable loose that controls the hot/cold blend door.

Old 01-08-03, 05:44 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

I agree with Fordtech.

Old 01-08-03, 07:50 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't an "all heat problem" more likely be pertaining to the temp door cable or actuator motor where as a vaccum problem would cause air to blow in 1 vent only, reguardless of the temp sellected?
Either of these could be in the general area of the resistor, and should be looked at as you guys suggested....

Old 01-09-03, 06:35 AM
Msargent,on some of these newer models the blend door for hot/cold is controlled by vacuum also,not just the vent doors,that's the reason for checking for the vacuum leak.
The newer models are for the most part controlled by electrical switches and by several computers or sensors,that's where it gets tricky!!

Old 01-09-03, 10:02 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

I'm with Fordtech (as usual)