window off its rocker

Old 01-09-03, 10:30 AM
tifanm
Visiting Guest
Question window off its rocker

My 86 Chevy Nova's drivers side window fell off the rocker, it's a manual crank window, any help on how to get it back on track?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-03, 01:04 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Hit the dealer's parts counter. See if there are clips that hold it in the track. If there are any, replace them.

Just snap the window back into the track with the new clips and you should be OK if there are clips.

Failing that, you'll have to see if there's debris in the track or take off the panel and have a look to see what's going on in there.

Old 01-09-03, 02:18 PM
If i recall here is how

I had a 86 chevy Nova that had the window broken out by a thug If I recall it sits in a channel and is clamped with bolts 10mm I think.Also pull off the inner panel and remove the water guard (pastic sheet) dont forget the screws in the arm rest they have to come out.
You will see two plastic rollers one in back and one in front they wear out and fall out of the guide.(you will see once you have it opend up)this will cause your window to not open properly the back will go down and the front stays up.
Easy fix for this is to bend the arms into the track with a ford wrench.If you dont know what a ford wrench is use a pipe wrench.
Hope it helps feel free to e mail me but I am going out of town tomorrow.