Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Fuel pump problems

Visiting Guest

01-11-03, 03:18 PM   #1  
kartimann
Fuel pump problems

I have a 1998 Plymouth Voyager, 4 cylinder minivan. I attempted to change the fuel filter myself. I got the old one off and put the new one on the same way as the original. When I went to start the car, it would not turn over and gas was leaking out of the filter. What went wrong? I checked the hoses and they appeared tight, I could not pull them off. Could it be faulty and I need a new filter, or did I not do something. Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links

01-11-03, 04:53 PM   #2  
it could be a defective filter but not that likely, is it a metal or plastic filter with about 3 ft of plastic line attached to it?
best thing to do is have some one cycle the key a few times while you determine where the leak is coming from.

Visiting Guest

01-11-03, 06:23 PM   #3  
Joe_F
I agree with BeJay. Most Chrysler products use snap fit "quick" connects and my guess is that one of yours is fatigued and wasted.

The Chrysler dealer should be able to provide a replacement in a jiffy. Rectify the condition at once. Leaking fuel is, of course, VERY dangerous.

Search this Thread