Got the work van,- E-150

Old 01-11-03, 11:37 PM
Hot Rodn
Visiting Guest
Got the work van,- E-150

It's me again -- re "looking for a good work van". I lucked out getting one locally- a '94 E-150 Chateau (fancy passenger wagon) with a 351. Cost me $8000. canadian.

It's got all the extras and is in great shape ( like new). Also got all the history; so with 250,000 km. I know where I stand.

What a pleasure having that horsepower! Quite a change from the old '81 Dodge slant 6!

Thanks for your help earlier-- your tips were, and are, helpful to my success with this vehicle.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-03, 08:54 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Regular maintenance and TLC is all that should be required to keep this one running.

Follow the maintenance schedule in the glovebox under "Severe Conditions" or "Severe Duty". If you do that, the truck should reward you with good service for a few years more.

Old 01-12-03, 05:56 PM
Hot Rodn
Visiting Guest
TLC for van

You got it Joe_F -- regular maintenance and some TLC.
My mechanic gave it a fairly clean bill of health. I put new rubber under her. Shocks are next. I am fanatic about maintenance and keeping a detailed log. detailed log

I've been doing some reserch on the best polish/wax products for when the weather warms a bit. The existing paint is in really great shape and I want to keep it that way!

Old 01-13-03, 10:24 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Good for you. It feels nice to buy a sound vehicle that checks out.

The main thing is to be regular with the upkeep and maintenance. When you are, most well-built vehicles will reward you with good service and few breakdowns. It's the key thing .

Meguiar's is one company that makes good wax and car detail products.