front end noise

Old 01-12-03, 12:07 PM
dh52
Visiting Guest
front end noise

would like feedback about frontend noise on 97 toyota corrolla without anti-lock brakes,i have checked cv joints there is no clicking or knocking,but i do have vibration roaring sound as soon as i drive off in car, the faster i drive the louder the noise,making turns from a stop is ok but when i go into a curve there is the above problems pluse some slight shaking,have also checked tires they appear to ok.any suggestions about what to check next THANKS DWAYNE

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-03, 12:26 PM
sounds like a bad tire, jack up each wheel and check for excessive side to side play may have a bad wheel bearing, short of that take it to a shop and have them check it out it shouldnt be to hard to find.

Old 01-12-03, 12:57 PM
dh52
Visiting Guest
Question THANKS BEJAY

i checked tires,when i check wheel bearing play will there be anything to alert me to problems,as you can tell i am not to familiar with these types of problems, but i would like to attempt to find problem if posible. THANKS DWAYNE

Old 01-12-03, 01:05 PM
if a wheel bearing is really worn out it will feel as though your tire is loose when you grab the tire and move it, if you do not see anything wrong i would still recomend you take it to a shop and have it checked to find out what is causing the noise and wether or not it is safe to drive it.

Old 01-12-03, 04:52 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
A bad wheel bearing sounds like a humming or moaning/droning noise.

As BeJay stated, it shouldn't be hard to spot/find.