Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1987 S 10 Blazor, 2.8, transmission ?

Visiting Guest

01-14-03, 10:20 AM   #1  
mickey130
1987 S 10 Blazor, 2.8, transmission ?

i have recently purchesed an S-10 Blazor. bought it off a mechanic for 500 bucks. it needs a lot of work, everything from the blinkers to the carpet and seats. but first i want to pull the transmission out and put in another one. i purchased the Haynes manual for this family of vehicles and find it rather disappointing, especially in the area of illustrations. the text details the removal of the transmission, but as i am a novice, it uses descriptions of bolts and locations that i am unfamilure with. could anyone suggest a comprehensive manual that is make specific that would have a well worded well illustrated procedure that will help me pull the transmission.
also, many of the parts i need are now discontinued by GM. any suggestions on a good aftermarket outlet. for instance i would like to replace the seats but i dont want to pay the dealer 10 gillian dollars and i dont want to contend with a junk yard. any pointers would be most helpful. thanx gentlemen.
regards
mike

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

01-14-03, 10:25 AM   #2  
Joe_F
You might ask yourself if the vehicle is even worth it. You'll spend thousands of dollars to put it together and it will still be rough and cobbled together.

You can literally trip over this era Blazer for next to nothing. They are everywhere. My suggestion is use this one for parts and pick up one in much better shape, still have the chance to work on it and perfect it and in the end have a MUCH better vehicle than putting together a wreck like this.

If it's dropped from GM, most likely it's a junkyard---depending on what we're talking about. Seats and interiors can be recovered, but it's pricey and tough work.

The best and only manual for anyone doing any sort of repair is the GM factory manual. Helminc.com is the company that handles GM's manuals.

Search this Thread