honda crv 2006 power window

Old 06-24-13, 12:15 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
honda crv 2006 power window

The window on the front passenger side did not go or went very slowly when I pushed the button this morning. the vehicle is a 2006 honda crv lx

Old 06-24-13, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
If it moved at all, likely you need a motor/regulator assy. I believe it's all one assy. It could be as simple as a worn roller on needing lube in the tracks. You'll have to remove the inner panel either way.

I'm having a similar issue with my 2004 Suzuki. If I help the window up or down slightly it works fine, just can't let it run fully down in to the door.

Old 06-24-13, 12:54 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
honda crv

When I take the inner panel off how would I know if it is a worn roller or needs some lube? and If that is not the problem besides replacing the motor is there any thing else it can be?

Old 06-24-13, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Being in TX I imagine it gets a bit warm? Like up here? That could dry out any lube on the rails or bearings of the rollers. Can also take a toll on rubber rollers.

The lube is normally just a silicone spray (or sometimes a light synthetic grease)...not WD-40. You'll be able to tell which is appropriate. Old dried up grease, clean it off and apply a light coating of new in the same spots. No old grease, wipe off the tracks and use the spray.

The bad rollers I've seen normally wobble or are readily apparent that they are worn.

I imagine it could be the switch...but unlikely since it moves slowly when it does work and since you didn't mention if there was a difference between the drives control and the passenger control...I'd rule it out.

looked for the motor at autozone...not too outrageous. Looks like it uses a cable system so there may be a worn pulley?

Old 06-24-13, 03:34 PM
Received 24 Upvotes on 19 Posts
Was the vehicle running when you tried the window? Is the battery good?

Did this happen all-of-a-sudden? Does the passenger side go up-down normally?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: