motor indentification ?

Old 01-16-03, 08:57 AM
motor indentification ?

could anyone tell me what this number means?its off a chevy motor would mainly like to know the year.its stamped on the back drivers side cjb25402.thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-03, 09:20 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
You need to get the numbers from the flat pad on the RH side by where the alternator is mounted if it's a Chevy V8.

That is what tells you the Vin # it was installed in, and application details.

Just go to www.google.com when you find the numbers and type in "Chevy engine ID chart". You'll get more than you can shake a stick at.

Old 01-16-03, 09:46 AM
it is a v6 out of supposedly an astro van I have been on google for about two hrs looking under chevrolet engine nmber codes.found out alot of stuff but not what i needed,gonna try what you said to look under thanks

Old 01-16-03, 04:40 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
CJB might be a partial assembly suffix code, a GM dealer's parts counter could easily verify that in the microfiche/computer.

It is probably in the place I stated for this V6 as well.

Old 01-16-03, 05:09 PM
Nicholas
Visiting Guest
I dont know about newer motors but most GM V8's have the block #'s which Identifies the engine cast into the block right behind the drivers side cylinder head where the tranny meets the block. Maybe your V6 has a # in this position also?

Old 01-17-03, 01:20 AM
i have found the number just wondered what it meant- its right in the back drivers side as stated there s not much info on v6s that i could find.thanxs for your time anyway

Old 01-17-03, 05:50 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Simply bring what you find to any GM dealer and they will look Group 0 of the Astro/Safari parts catalogs they have. In the front matter, they have what codes are what year and displacement.