Exterior Finish

Old 01-18-03, 04:22 PM
Exterior Finish

I know this is on the borderline for this forum, but I would appreciate some opinions.

I have a 2003 Mercury Marquis and am looking for the best product to maintain the exterior finish. I assume it is clear coat.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-03, 10:09 AM
I've always liked the large selection from www.meguiars.com

Go to their site for some info, you can even Email them.

Old 01-20-03, 05:15 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Not a bad question at all.

Yes, Meguiars, Zaino and others are high quality products which will keep the paint looking great.

3M also makes great stuff too.

Old 01-20-03, 03:42 PM
Thanks for both replies..I used Meguiars products on my personal cars for years and am familiar with Zaino .

This is a company car and want it to look pretty good, but was wondering if any of the one step products would work?

Haven't used any of them in years, just Meguiar's Gold Class. Love the car wash and I guess the Gold Class Clear Coat Wax isn't that bad, either.

This is a "sage green" color, and I know some of the Zaino stuff is better for darker or lighter paints. What do you think?

Old 01-21-03, 03:18 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Company car? Have it detailed at their expense . Just drive it and keep it decent. LOL .

You could call the dealer and ask what they use on it, and if there's a Ford marketed wax (which is surely made by one of these companies), that might be the way to go.

Old 01-21-03, 05:57 AM
I like that, Joe...

Oh yes, the company pays for some washes, but the truth is that I enjoy doing it myself when weather permits.

Has anyone tried the new Pennzoil " Total Care" ? I have used it some, but the concept is antithetical to my experience. It does leave the car looking surprisingly good, but I wonder just how good it can be for the finish. Seems to accumulate a lot of dirt on the sponge provided instead of using LOTS of water to continually rinse loosened dirt away...

Old 01-21-03, 06:02 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Wash and wax it the normal way.

I don't waste my time on anything I don't own . Lol.

In my case, I own six cars, so I'm always polishing, washing and cleaning...but not in 7 degree weather here in NYC!!!